Julia thinks she's all agog?! she should have seen me when i found out she had tagged me! i was positively giddy cuz it's my first one! and that too, from someone whose blog i love and visit every time i do my blog rounds. you gotta check her out - i love her sense of design and her taste in outfits! oh, and she has an imaginary dog - i've always wanted one of those!
so she says i'm supposed to tell you 6 things about myself, so here goes:
1. when i was in elementary school i wanted braces really bad. i thought all that mouth gear rocked. and the first time i saw those rubber band braces i almost passed out from the sheer cool factor. so at lunch i would get tinfoil and roll it up, and flatten it out, and wear it in my mouth like braces. i did this for 3 years.
2. i have always been insanely jealous of people who look good in and can do their own french braids. and if they have little trinkets woven in - like beads or flowers, it kills me.
3. i am very scared of boy bikes - the kind with the bar that goes from handle to seat. i still cannot look at them b/c of a very painful accident i had in junior high. yup. that kind of pain. i was okay in about 20 minutes but i blacked out when it happened.
4. if i even think of the word "booger" i start dry heaving. i get grossed out really easily by bodily functions, but just the thought of that word and i have convulsions. and if someone tries to really f@#! with me by talking about eating them (b/c they know i have an abnormally intense response to the word, and they have no life, and they just all around suck) in about 30 seconds of visual suggestions, i will throw up on the spot.
5. i love the rain and clouds like no one else. heavy dark black clouds lift my spirits like you won't believe. i respond viscerally to the colors, the mood, the smell, the atmosphere. a stormy sky is my most favorite event in nature. anyone who knows me knows this.
6. i like to stick weird stuff in my mouth. (insert a million jokes here) i have had a metal ice cube tray, a single hole punch, a ceramic drink coaster, barbecue tongs, and a battery stuck in my mouth at one time or another. it was always my dad who fished them out, and he was always laughing while he did it.
ok, now i tag the following (i really would love to tag about 30 people - but 6 is the max :(
- elizabeth whose always got goodies at strawberries in paris
- thoughtful heidi at faboolosity
- cosmopolitan meg at pigtown design
- awesome kay who promised me coffee at apartment tbd, etc.
- the incredibly talented patricia at pve design
- affectionate and sweet "i just want to spread a little bit of happiness" sparkle at sparklesparkle
Here are the rules:
* Mention the rules on your blog.
* Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six others
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they are tagged.